System: Shimadzu TOC-L Analyzer
The instrument is used for the quantitative determination of total organic as well as inorganic carbon in an aqueous solution. The nitrogen extension modul also enables the simultaneous sensitive analysis of the total nitrogen content in an aqueous solution. Impurities containing carbon or nitrogen, for example, are first washed from the product and the corresponding amount of C or N is then reliably detected down to the sub-μg range. The molecules of the dissolved impurities are catalytically oxidized to CO2 or NO2 in a combustion tube and the resulting gases are quantified spectroscopically.
Both organic (non-purgeable carbon, NPOC) as well as inorganic (total inorganic carbon, TIC) carbon can be quantified individually.
|Suitable samples:||water soluble carbon and nitrogen compounds|
|Sample specifications:||ca. 100 mL|
|Range/Options:||< 0.5 mgC/L, < 0.1 mgN/L|
- Cleanliness of (medical) products and devices
- Verification of cleanliness validations (soiling, cleaning, checking)
- Simple, fast and cost-effective testing for contaminations (alternative to more complex GC-MS measurements)
- ISO 19227 (Implants for surgery – Cleanliness of orthopedic implants)
- ISO 20236 (Water quality — Determination of total organic carbon (TOC), dissolved organic carbon (DOC), total bound nitrogen (TNb) and dissolved bound nitrogen (DNb) after high temperature catalytic oxidative combustion)
- EN 12260 (Water quality - Determination of nitrogen - Determination of bound nitrogen (TNb), following oxidation to nitrogen oxides)
- EN 1484 (Water analysis - Guidelines for the determination of total organic carbon (TOC) and dissolved organic carbon (DOC))
- ISO/DIS 15883-5 (Performance requirements and test method criteria for demonstrating cleaning efficacy)
- USP <643> (Requirements for Total Organic Carbon (TOC))